Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Booking Through Thursday



Booking Through Thursday is found at http://btt2.wordpress.com/

It's the last day of the year, and you know what that means ... nostalgia and looking back.

What were your favorite books of the year? (Books that were new to you in 2009, if not necessarily published this year.)

I read quite a few great books this year and it was hard to pick out my favorites but I managed to! Out of the 77 books I read this year, my top 15 (because I couldn't possibly pick 10!) were, in no particular order:

1) Empire Falls - Richard Russo
2) The Adoration of Jenna Fox - Mary E. Pearson
3) The 19th Wife - David Ebershoff
4) Night - Elie Wiesel
5) Angry Conversations with God - Susan E. Isaacs
6) Inkheart - Cornelia Funke
7) North of Beautiful - Justina Chen Headley
8) The Thirteenth Tale - Diane Setterfield
9) The Book of Ruth - Jane Hamilton - a re-read for about the fifth time
10) Once was Lost - Sara Zarr
11) Geektastic - edited by Holly Black
12) Her Fearful Symmetry - Audrey Niffenegger
13) The Magicians - Lev Grossman
14) The Hunger Games - Suzanne Collins - OMG! As good as everyone said it was!
15) Generation Dead - Daniel Waters

3 comments:

Nise' said...

The Hunger Games made my list too. North of Beautiful was a great book.
Happy reading in 2010.

Susan said...

The Inkheart books are on my tbr list for 2010 :) Great list!

Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

Empire Falls made my favorites of the decade...I also loved The Hunger Games in 2009.