Monday, February 22, 2010

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?


It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a weekly meme hosted by Sheila at
One Person's Journey Through a World of Books.

Read last week...


I enjoyed this book, but not because it's was particularly well written. It wasn't. It's a typical memoir written by a celebrity, so of course it's not going to be well written. But it was enjoyable, mostly because I just love Chef Ramsay! I recently started watching Kitchen Nightmares and reruns of Hell's Kitchen and wanted to know more about the man. If you're a fan of Chef Ramsay, I would recommend this. Otherwise, you're probably not going to enjoy it, sorry to say.


Another one I wasn't quite impressed with. My relationship with David Sedaris' writing is kind of touch and go - some of his pieces are absolutely hilarious while others simply fall flat. This is a mix of both, almost most of them were, to put it simply, just boring.

Currently Reading ...

I just today started reading The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness. I've read so many good reviews of this book so I wanted to give it a try. So far I like it but I'm only about 10 pages in so it's hard to tell yet if I'll enjoy it.

4 comments:

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

Oh I bet Roasting In Hell's Kitchen was good! I know what you mean when you say not well written but I would think interesting.

Have a great week of reading :)

Martha Eskuchen said...

Hi Jenn! Funny I never heard of Chef Ramsey till this past year. We used to watch Emeril!

Hope you like the new book and have a good week!

Amy said...

Sounds interesting! Have a great reading week!

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Yeah, whenever I see a David Sedaris book, I think I should try one...but maybe I'll just wait until I read all the other fabulous books out there!

My post:

http://laurel-rain-snow.blogspot.com/2010/02/its-monday-what-are-you-reading_22.html