Thursday, January 28, 2010

Quote of the Day

Starting a new feature here at You Are Quite the Human ... the Quote of the Day. Being a book addict, I of course love words themselves, and oftentimes certain lines or passages in books (or even movies sometimes) catch my eye and I have to remember them. I have a notebook I keep just for these quotes.

So, to get us started, here's a quote about books!

"But the not-very-highbrow truth of the matter was that the reading was how I got my ya-yas out.

For the sake of my bookish reputation I upgraded to Tolstoy and Steinbeck before I understood them, but my dark secret was that really, I preferred the junk. The Dragonriders of Pern, Flowers in the Attic, The Clan of the Cave Bear. This stuff was like my stash of Playboys under the mattress."

- from Julie & Julia, Julie Powell

No comments: